Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have the following problem with my Speedy 2007:
The engine has a shut down meanwhile I'm driving. Means: I'm driving and she looses speed like releasing the accelerator ( but I do nothing than driving ) till the engine dies. That can happen after 1 kilometer or after 250. There is no appearing rule.
When the engine is off I can start immediately (most of the time) by pressing the start button, normally meanwhile I'm not yet standing.
There is no connection with: blinker, light, braking, outer temperature, engine temperature, tank filling, length of driving, speed

Already changed:
sensor damper flat (Sensor Drosselklappenstellung), after that I had approx. 2000 km no problem.
Than changing of 2 different relay, after that I had approx. 2000 km no problem. Now the problem occurred again for the third time.
Who knows advice? Who knows the problem?
Help....

Every tip is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Look at the wiring harness where it routes along the headstock. There is a clamp there that has commonly damaged the harness causing these symptoms

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a simalar ignigtion fault, when i turned the key nothing happened sometimes, it would even cut out whilst riding, so I ended up changing the ignigtion barrel with cable plus connector, because i found wires on it to be damaged anyway, it worked for about 4 weeks then the fault came back, so i chopped off the new connector (male/female) and relaced them with good old Quality bullet connectors it has worked perfectly for 7 months now. Inside the connector showed signs of scorching and melting the main feed wire was also discoloured, (simply a bad connection)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts