Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I'm new on the board and very close to buying 2003->2004 speed triple.

I was just wandering that how good is oil circulation in speed triples during wheelies? is there any problems with blown engines and toasted cranks like TL1000 has(blew one of those during my wheelies).

After that I had 954rr and that was very reliable, just keep the enough oil and it will wheelie for ever.

Any idea? is the oil pump pickup enough back?

JakeT.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I remember this being discussed, but I can't remember anyone blowing up their engine wheelin. I don't think they would use speedy for hooligan activities that much if it was a problem?

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Yeah, this has been beaten to death.

Zero problems Mate. Half the guys here only put the front wheel down when they have to fuel up, and I've never heard of anyone killing a crank. Why do you think so many wheelie schools use Speed Triples? And Stunt Riders like Kevin Carmichael?

No worries.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
When I first got my 03 I contacted both Kevin Carmichael and Duker of RideTeamTriumph of Wisconsin and they both said standup wheelies for miles aren't a problem. however, pulling long slow 12 o'clock wheelies is not recommended without modifying the oil pickup. The only time the bike would have any issues with oil circulation is if you basically were riding around in circles with the bike nearly vertical for long periods practicing slow wheelies. Kyle Woods said pretty much the same thing when I met him and got to chat for over an hour at Daytona Bike Week last year.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is a great info. It's probably ok for 'recreational' wheelies.

this is my last bike. FMX650

[video=youtube;vlDgYrJmhHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlDgYrJmhHk[/video]

:loser:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, I started to do some endos and noticed that oil light gets on during it if there is any significant height to the rear wheel. I noticed the light when I landed the endo. after the wheel comes down the light goes away maybe 1 or 2 seconds later.

looks like bike is so build for wheelies, that it has problems in nose wheelies. :'(

Oil level is fine, at top when oils stick is in bottom.

JakeT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.