Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

My Speed triple rs 2019 with 20k never gave any problems, now while switching on, apears an alert 'TC disabled' immediately before trying to start and also 'transmission fault' alert message.

After that it doesn't switch on, tried to disconnect and reconnect battery, jump with another battery, taking out all fuel and put another, manually disabling TC, ABS, etc and nothing.

Any ideas of what can it be?

Can anyone help me?

Regards
Flavio

UPDATE:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer from Triumph service (bike was in service 3 weeks before this):
The throttle valve drive error stuck open. This will prevent the bike from starting. And will give a traction control error.
Water ingress is the cause of this.

Removed throttle body and cleaned in paraffin and compression stabilizer.

Tested bike and no further issues.

The cost for testing and carrying out repairs XXXX
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

My Speed triple rs 2019 with 20k never gave any problems, now while switching on, apears an alert 'TC disabled' immediately before trying to start and also 'transmission fault' alert message.

After that it doesn't switch on, tried to disconnect and reconnect battery, jump with another battery, taking out all fuel and put another, manually disabling TC, ABS, etc and nothing.

Any ideas of what can it be?

Can anyone help me?

Regards
Flavio

UPDATE:
Answer from Triumph service (bike was in service 3 weeks before this):
The throttle valve drive error stuck open. This will prevent the bike from starting. And will give a traction control error.
Water ingress is the cause of this.

Removed throttle body and cleaned in paraffin and compression stabilizer.

Tested bike and no further issues.

The cost for testing and carrying out repairs XXXX
Sorted with a reset of the DTC as shown.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts