Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm having lots of issues with my bike I just got it I did a k&n air filter new sparkplugs and the bike came with the arrow duel exhaust. When I break or down shift to engine break the bike shuts off and I have to pull over and then restart it what could be the cause of this I've been looking all over the forms and Have not seen anyone else with this issue or a solution to the issue

2009 speed triple 1050 metal tank

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Sounds like a faulty stepper motor which controls idle speed when breaking and slowing down. It’s a bugger to diagnose, and can be tricky to replace depending how mechanically and technically apt you are. I had the same issue a couple years back and ended up bringing it to the dealer. Do some
research on faulty stepper motors. Get an OBD cable and download TuneECU for free to diagnose with a laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi guys I'm having lots of issues with my bike I just got it I did a k&n air filter new sparkplugs and the bike came with the arrow duel exhaust. When I break or down shift to engine break the bike shuts off and I have to pull over and then restart it what could be the cause of this I've been looking all over the forms and Have not seen anyone else with this issue or a solution to the issue

2009 speed triple 1050 metal tank
I have the same issue, like he said get a cable from lonelec for tuneECU, reset the tps and the iscv

You pull the clutch in and the bike dies out, does it restart and you have to feather the throttle to keep it running?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same issue, like he said get a cable from lonelec for tuneECU, reset the tps and the iscv

You pull the clutch in and the bike dies out, does it restart and you have to feather the throttle to keep it running?
But it is only when driving the bike if the bike is just sitting in neutral on the sidestand I can clutch in and clutch out without it turning off

·
Registered
254 Posts
But it is only when driving the bike if the bike is just sitting in neutral on the sidestand I can clutch in and clutch out without it turning off
yeah my bike does that too. In neutral, when I first start it up and rev the hell out of it no problem, it resumes its idle

after I go for a ride, it will then idle super low and die if I pull the clutch in. I can keep it running by feathering the throttle. Subsequent starts will typically die unless I open the throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts