Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have had my 07 S3 for a year and love it, It has been completely reliable until yesterday. I was on a ride in the mountains and these are the symptoms as best as I can remember, Happened pretty fast and was a bit of a holy **** moment.

First the bike began to loose power and I noticed the neutral light came on even tho I was in 5th gear I tried to change it up a gear to see what would happen and the back end fully locked up and I fish tailed until I pulled the clutch in and rolled to the side of the road.

Once off the road I realized that the neutral light was on no matter what gear the bike is in and would not start or even turn over. I put the bike in first gear and rocked it back and forth (quite hard) and the neutral light went off, Put it back into neutral and the light came back on then it started. But when I rode off about 100m down the road the power died untill it cut out and I had the same issue with the neutral light being stuck on and wont start.

Can anyone give me any insight if this might be electrical like a sensor? or maybe mechanical like the gearbox?

Thanks VERY much in advance any opinions would be appreciated.

· Registered
11,446 Posts
My first thought was electrical, but that wouldn't lock up the gearbox. We've heard them all here, or so I thought until now. I got nothin' to offer. Its got me fukced.

· Registered
3,398 Posts
The bike stalled, that's why the rear locked up when you let out the clutch. I know it's been said a million times but check that freaking wire harness clamp on the side of the headstock. See if some wires have been exposed.

· Registered
270 Posts
ill go with side stand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.