Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I walk into work on Mon. and get asked to hand over my key, im layed off because the store is too slow.... Then today, I get out of class and decide to go for a little ride to cheer me up, wouldnt ya know, I pass a car and out comes an unmarked cop car with the lights flashing. He says he got me on his laser @ 48 in a 35.... The second I saw him hit the lights I looked at my speedo, it read 45. I have found in the past that at 35 mph, the speedo actually shows I am doing 40. I pulled over right away, had my ins. lisc. and reg. all ready for him. I was very polite and respectful, didnt try and bullshit him or anything, and still got an $89.00 ticket. Fuckin A. I'm to bummed to even express right now. Oh, and of course my ticket is due the same day as my bike payment, so I have absolutely no $ anymore, no job, and a higher ins. rate soon. :eek:wned:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Find out where the cop lives, I'll fuck up his lawn with my jeep.

Sorry to here about your job, watch the two Duece Bigalow movies and become a man whore.

Fight that shit, cops never show up to court.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
thats nothing. i got pulled over and the cop said i was doing 82 in a 55. realisticly, i was probably going 74. he bumped up the speed and knocked me out of the bracket to get defensive driving and probation to keep it off my record. yes, i was speeding. no i was not going 82. he was a young punk and decided to fuck me over.

sucks but it happens. he probably has a shitty life anyway so its all good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You sound like you have already rolled over and taken it up the a$$...

Fight the ticket.... that is an easy win for you, the road not being properly posted with the correct 85% prevailing traffic speed and you were so close to the actual speed no way they can claim you were being unsafe... why do cops even bother writing these tickets? cuz they know 95% of the people will just pay it and take it up the a$$.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn that sux, i'd fight it if I were you. :finger:

BTW when he asked to see your papers did you show him a family photo. :wave: :twofinger:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shoot, i aint seen a purdy sheep in weeks, maybe thats what put a hitch in my giddy up... :twofinger: I was pretty down and out earlier, then i went out shootin and i feel much better. ;D Things will get better! They gotta!

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
dang papes, hate to hear man. Go to court and fight the ticket yerself, that's what I'm doing tomorrow! :-\ I will let you know the outcome, more than likely, if you were polite to the officer, and you are in court, you can atleast git it reduced to 9 over same as a lawyer would do. I'm not sure how it works in Iowa, but 9 over doesn't go against you here, unless you git another within 3 years. I will let you know the outcome of my court date. As fer the job thang, things will look up. I've been in the position more than a few times that I had no idea whatsoever how I was gonna make it, and somehow, I always have. ;D

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
papes, don't know how it is in good ol' Iowa, but I just showed up at court for my speeding ticket and they reduced it from 15 over to 4 over the speed limit. ;D I still had to pay the fine, but that will save me on insurance... fer now. :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Good to hear ya got a break cheapo. I'd say the same thing, most justice court prosecutors are severly over worked and will strike a deal with ya if it'll save some time. Most cops wont care either cuz it means they dont' have to stick around. Around here, most stuff under 9 mph doesnt' get reported to your insurance. Sucks ya got nicked, 13 over isn't all that fast, I usually don't stop for that, cuz the next car will be 20+ Talk to the prosecutor, explain your side and he'll probably be good to ya.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I used to fight my tickets by going to the court hoping the cop wouldn't show up but it rarely happened. The cops get $300 to show up in court (incentive) but get $0 to reply to a written trial. Go to ticketassassin.com and check it out. I just used one of their templates to fight my 85 in a 70 ticket and sure enough my case was dismissed because the cop didn't reply. If you lose your trial by mail somehow (you won't), you then have the option for a new trial right away. I wouldn't bother wasting time going in to the court when you can sit in front of your computer with no pants on print out a template with your info on it, mail it to the court, and then play the waiting game. Surprised the heck outta me when I got my $127 bail back in the mail :police:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
that's fuckin sweet. I'm gonna do that if I get a ticket.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I take it that the right to "trial by mail" only applies to California? I never heard of such a thing in the dozen or more states that have issued me citations over the years. It would be a great way to contest a ticket since frequently I'm hundreds or thousands of miles away from the courthouse on the trial date and the only way to contest them is to hire a shyster lawyer.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
dr_gallup said:
I take it that the right to "trial by mail" only applies to California? I never heard of such a thing in the dozen or more states that have issued me citations over the years. It would be a great way to contest a ticket since frequently I'm hundreds or thousands of miles away from the courthouse on the trial date and the only way to contest them is to hire a shyster lawyer.
"Trial by mail" is "Guilty by abscence" in Va. Also, on what planet do cops get a $300 incentive to go to court, 'coz I want an express ticket to that solar system. I'm callin' bullshit on that one!!!! :gtfo:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheap, glad to hear you got it dropped down! Im hoping for the same deal, we will see how it goes! I think I have a job lined up so I should be able to swing the court fees and whatnot, and I only have one final exam left on wed. so things are lookin up! :beer:

·
Registered
712 Posts
around here , nashville, the cops get paid overtime rate when they are in court so they all just about show up
for "court " but we have a neat little precourt thing where you go in lay down and take it and they might let you go to school.

best money i have ever spent is on a good laywer , i will gladly pay a lawyer 500 or more to keep me from getting a guilty , and truth be known when the judge, cop and prosecuter figure out that they are going to have to sit a jury to convict you , things work out real quick.

now, the lawyer costs , but over the last ten years i have paid a total of 2200 dollars in lawyer fees , zero in courtcosts or fines , have no points on my liscense and have had a few cops write me warnings or let me go because they have been through it with me before , of course im not a jackass around town , i try to keep it out in the back roads .

i know for a fact if any of the tickets i did get went on my record my insurance would have cost double what i have spent .

it sucks in this country that you get the justice you pay for , but thats how it is.

if you really want to have fun with the cop , when he asks for your liscense tell him " lets be reasonable we both want to see our families again right ? "

1 - 19 of 19 Posts