Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday I did it. I signed Speedy away, as a trade in on my new Rocket 3. I've given up a lot of bikes over the years with nary a look back as I moved on to my next bike. In two weeks when I pick up the "big pig", I think I'm gonna find it a bit hard to walk away. But, the new one is still a Triumph triple torque monster with twin bugeyes, and I suspect, a hooligan heart. :devil:

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Apparently he hasn't read the rules around here.

...Rule #7) If you trade in your speed triple for anything other than a NEW speed triple you must add the following to your signature line: :gayaway: "I am a big girls blouse." :gayaway:
Congratulations John. You finally found a bike suitable for your Wookie like frame.

·
Registered
23,331 Posts
I've had that feeling about all the bikes i have sold or traded over the years,i would imagine it would be a lot harder with Speedy.Anyway if you ride it anything like jdonly1 does i don't think you're going to have a problem keeping up with any Speedy,look forward to seeing it when i'm down there in October,ride on! :drink:

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
HEY! I got an early picture of Leggy on his new Rocket!

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Catahoulabulldog said:
WOW, happy AND sad..... :'(

Happy to see you get that monster of a bike, and sad to see ya leave speedy...

I guess all I can say is...

Enjoy that LOOOoooooong BREAK IN PERIOD! ;D :drink:
All I can say is... :picsstfu:

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dfib said:
Catahoulabulldog said:
WOW, happy AND sad..... :'(

Happy to see you get that monster of a bike, and sad to see ya leave speedy...

I guess all I can say is...

Enjoy that LOOOoooooong BREAK IN PERIOD! ;D :drink:
All I can say is... :picsstfu:
Hey Dfib......see above :wave:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Of course, we'll expect a full report on performance and everything.
Congrats, I'm sure it is a bittersweet situation for you. I've been thinking of selling my 77 FXS (my first street bike) and getting a Tiger or R1200 GS, but it sure hurts to think about it. Otherwise, I'll pass it on to my son in a few years, which I like the idea of more and more.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Congrats Gran pa.

Joined the Ulysses yet?

AA

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Full membership or associate?

My old man is a member but won't ride with em.
Every ride he's been on with them someone falls off and the domino effect applies in a corner.

What colour is the new beast?

AA

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I generally don't ride with them but I go to the AGM most years. I am a full member (I'm 54)

And the beast will be black.....naturally!

For those who are not Australian the Ulysses club is a motorcycle club for old buggers like myself.....that is over 40. There is approx. 30,000 members Australia wide, and it has started up in New Zealand, South Africa, and Canada I believe. Its motto is "Grow Old Disgracefully"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.