Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Sprag clutch replacemt walkthrough or write up?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  pup 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
So my 1995 Speed Triple fell victim to the all too common sprag clutch failure. I'm looking to replace the assembly myself & I've been searching for a write-up to help guide my way with help from the Hayne's manual I have on the way. So do any of you guys have anything bookmarked that may help? Everything I keep finding pertains to the newer bikes.

#2 ·
I don't know anyone who's done it, but I've seen the procedure in the factory manual. It doesn't look like any fun at all. I also haven't seen any write ups on it anywhere. Best of luck to you.

#3 ·
That is a big job. There are very few T3 owners on this forum. At the risk of the other inmates here throwing their faeces at me I will suggest you go to Trat and try their T3 forum. There are a lot of very experienced owners there, many who have owned their bikes since new. They are very helpful and there is no heavy handed moderation, unlike most other parts of that site.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.