Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I ordered the Vortex sprocket from Cycle Gear that was wrong, according to Vortex they say 06-07 sprockets are different from the 05?? Anyhoo they don't make one for my bike, So who else make the 520 conversion sprockets, I want Cycle Gear to order them as I've already paid 'em.
Gratefull for any help. :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Sell you bike and get a 2005!

Have you found a distributor for the sprocket you now have?

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
limey said:
Let me rescue this from the bowls of TST.com :popcorn:
Sorry Limey - it got bumped way down on recent due to me moving threads.... I'll keep from putting a "moved" notice up at this time. Should help prevent some of the problem!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Have i said recently how much moderators..... Well, you get the idea. ;)

Actually, if we all learn to post in the correct areas of the site.....

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Yeah DVS you opinion on mod is a well know and much lamented part of speed triple lore! :twofinger: :horse: ;D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Dfib said:
Yeah DVS you opinion on mod is a well know and much lamented part of speed triple lore! :twofinger: :horse: ;D
Well, we do have some new members... :horse:

When is a thread technically considered hijacked?

Limey - Did they say exactly HOW the sprockets on the 2005 differed from the 2006/2007? My understanding was that Daytona sprockets fit the 2005 S3... but I may be way off base here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duh, brain fart. thanks for the promt Devi. I got them to call AFAM as I have one of those now. :wave:

The difference from my 05 to the one they supplied is the center whole is bigger on mine. Do the newer ones have a smaller cush drive?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it sorted. Afam only go as high as 43T. thats what I have now so its just a straight swap.

Afam part # 87602-43

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wanted to try the 44t but I'm happy with the 43t. it's a nice compromise, still get good take off and wheelies and the top end isn't compromised.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have an AFAM 45 T hard anodized on my '01. I don't know why they wouldn't make a 45 for the 05+. I got mine from Jack Lilley.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
rbrsddn said:
I have an AFAM 45 T hard anodized on my '01. I don't know why they wouldn't make a 45 for the 05+. I got mine from Jack Lilley.
It may be that AFAM only go up to 43t in 520 sprockets. 530 may have a larger selections.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
limey said:
The difference from my 05 to the one they supplied is the center whole is bigger on mine. Do the newer ones have a smaller cush drive?
Sounds like you have been fed bullshit to cover their mistake of sending you some Ducati/Honda/Agusta sprocket.

I am pretty confident that all the single sider Trumpet sprockets are interchangeable. At least I have bought old single sider sprockets for my '05 1050 and the only difference is that the older ones do not always have the decorative hole pattern.

Check here for 530 bolt spacings and hole size:
http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html?&L=0
JT Sprockets catalogue lists JTR 2011.4x for all single siders and this is what I have used too before my current Renthal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts