Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 bikes. My son rides a Weestrom but hey...it's a hell of a lot better then the Honda Shadow he got rid of. Here's the plan:

Meet at Mimi's at 7:45 for chow. Up Boquet Canyon to Spunky Canyon. Spunky to San Francisquito Canyon. (Trying to avoid the fire.) San Fran back to Copper hill and then the 126, out to Fillmore. Take 23 (Grimes Canyon) over to the 118. Head over to Little Tujunga Canyon and take it back to Santa Calrita. Hope to be back at Schooners for a frosty beverage around lunch time.

Just a quick jaunt hopefully before its scorching hot outside. About 140 or 150 miles, a little over 3 hours of riding. I won't be in any hurry since I'm still not completely broke in yet. Plus i've never had this bike in the twisties - need to get to know her.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Okay I didn't see the photo before. Now I do. You scare me...I'm not worthy :shocked:
That is not the rider it is all Speed Triple! :wink:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I shouldn't duct tape some hockey pucks to my knees and try that right?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a feeling feejer has done all the fast riding in the past and is just being humble

Ya know...as we age things tend to hurt a lot more and it takes a lot longer to heal. Plus my fat @ss could not even come close to fitting in leathers right now. But I am working on that. DAMN i'm hungry!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I feel ya. I remember when I could get on my knees and chase my kids. These days, id rather be beat on my feet with a bamboo stick.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ya know...as we age things tend to hurt a lot more and it takes a lot longer to heal. Plus my fat @ss could not even come close to fitting in leathers right now. But I am working on that. DAMN i'm hungry!
Around here the guys just get the hurting parts removed!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You gents are tough! And Catdaddy was right. Grimes is fantastic right now. If only it was 4 times as long.
So this bike is fun as hell in the twisties! Extremely confidence inspiring. Only had 2 oh-sh!t moments:
1. A young deer decided to cross the road right in front of me on Spunky Canyon, right before Green Valley.
2. Too hot into a corner. Was bitching at myself inside my helmet. I'll spare you the details of what exactly was said, but in summary it was something like lean @sshole!

This is my fat old balding ass.

And this is junior.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That would be so cool to be able to go riding with your kid.
Although I don't think you had to break his thumb to be faster than him.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That would be so cool to be able to go riding with your kid.
Although I don't think you had to break his thumb to be faster than him.
It is definitely a cool experience. The rest of the family wasn't too thrilled when he got his first bike. I made him take the rider safety courses and all that jazz but there was still a lot of push back. They are better now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts