Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Very nice.
:drink:

What method did you use to matte the headlight buckets? How much work is involved in disassembling the top tube from the lower fork?

How does one go about doing a two tone alu part like your top clamp? Looks very nice and the color edge is sharp as a razor. Powdercoat first and then machine clean area off?

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
what mirrors are they??

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
looks great! :drink: ...does the front sprocket cover serve any purpose besides safety?...i wanna take that ugly cover off too :poop:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks really good. Very complete and well thought out.

DirtMcGirt said:
looks great! :drink: ...does the front sprocket cover serve any purpose besides safety?...i wanna take that ugly cover off too :poop:
Stops crap from the chain from being flicked onto the engine? I doubt a little plastic cover is going to do anything if the chain does manage to fly off. Taking the chain guard off looks great in my opinion too. If someone is stupid enough to stick their fingers in there while the bike is moving they deserve to loose them :twofinger:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
what about the legs of your jeans...or a loose shoelace???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dont take the chain guard off, just cut it back so the flinging oil stays off the motor. people freak when they see that...fuck that, how the fuck would anyone get their fingers in it while im going a hundred. besides a shoestring will snap before being able to pull my size 11 into hell.
Thanks all...i dig the triple....no powerband freaks me out in a good way.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
tru.....but be careful when pull a tank wheelie :smitty: :smitty: :beer: :squid:

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
DocPup said:
tru.....but be careful when pull a tank wheelie :smitty: :smitty: :beer: :squid:

have you done one on speedy?...i was riding on the tank the other day trying to get the balls up but only managed to hop the front tire a little

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I once say someone do a tank wheelie, the freaked out when going a little to high, chopped the gas and slammed down real hard. The guy didn't crash, but took it in the nuts good and had to walk it off. I have no need to dress up my wheelies, sometimes you just don't mess with the classics if they still work.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.