Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who may have the need for a starter motor look at at Rick's Motorsports Electrical. I took my SPD 3 in for 12,000 service which is expensive to begin with. Dealership said I needed a new starter motor, I'd been having some hot start issues. Cost, $685!!!. So I checked Rick's, cost $285 for a new OEM bit. I am not certain I actually need the new motor but the markup by the dealer is outrageous.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's not the dealership, that's Triumph. That's why they're known for having the most expensive OEM parts of any manufacturer. When the starter on my 2005 was destroyed by my sprag clutch, the starters were the same price everywhere I looked. They're also the same starter that Suzuki was putting in bikes for like 20 years, the only difference is the Suzuki ones weren't powdercoated black.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not the dealership, that's Triumph. That's why they're known for having the most expensive OEM parts of any manufacturer. When the starter on my 2005 was destroyed by my sprag clutch, the starters were the same price everywhere I looked. They're also the same starter that Suzuki was putting in bikes for like 20 years, the only difference is the Suzuki ones weren't powdercoated black.
I had a similar experience when a stator on my 2008 Aprilia Tuono R went blink. The part had to come from Italy and cost $800. When it went bad I did some research and came up good reviews for Rick's Motorsports Electric. The same OEM spec stator was $185. That is why I went back to Rick's 2hen my starter needed replacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts