Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I brought my 06 speed to England and haven't been able to use it or even start it for a while due to work since August. Tried it the other week and just refused after blowing up a solenoid. Solenoid changed starter motor inspected, changed sparks and as soon as I tried to start it the start up sounds different to normal:

No idea what has happened. I thought maybe the starter teeth stripped so I took the starter cover off but everything was fine.

The only other thing that was weird was the clutch was stuck closed. I could pull the lever in but the wheel would lock if you put in gear even with the lever pulled in.

Anyone experienced this? Couldn't find anything with videos like this.

Cheers in advance 馃憤

Registered
So I brought my 06 speed to England and haven't been able to use it or even start it for a while due to work since August. Tried it the other week and just refused after blowing up a solenoid. Solenoid changed starter motor inspected, changed sparks and as soon as I tried to start it the start up sounds different to normal:

No idea what has happened. I thought maybe the starter teeth stripped so I took the starter cover off but everything was fine.

The only other thing that was weird was the clutch was stuck closed. I could pull the lever in but the wheel would lock if you put in gear even with the lever pulled in.

Anyone experienced this? Couldn't find anything with videos like this.

Cheers in advance 馃憤
Weak voltage to the starter, ie weak battery, dirty terminals, etc. Don't continue thus or you'll destroy the sprag clutch.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, put a freshly charged battery on, and it sounded normal for a while then went back to this weird sound in my original post.
Anyone got any ideas why she won't turn over?
It's definitely feeding fuel as I can smell it. And I can hear the pop from compression.
Fresh spark plugs in, so maybe a bad coil pack or volt rectifier?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Ok, put a freshly charged battery on, and it sounded normal for a while then went back to this weird sound in my original post.
Anyone got any ideas why she won't turn over?
It's definitely feeding fuel as I can smell it. And I can hear the pop from compression.
Fresh spark plugs in, so maybe a bad coil pack or volt rectifier?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Check your battery health, may need replacing. Check also charging system is indeed charging your battery. If all OK maybe a fault with yr starter motor drawing too much current. As a last resort pull out the plugs and manually check your motor spins freely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts