Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's an advantage because you don't have to replace the fuse. Really, it should never trip and the fuse should never blow unless you get a dead short to ground.

I agree with Joe, the over heating of the fuse holder is due to too much contact resistance in the holder, probably shitty plating. If you have 0.1 ohm of contact resistance and 10 amps going through it that's 10 watts which is plenty to melt a little thing like that after an hour with no way to dissipate the heat.
P = I x I X R?

I dont really remember my electrical engineering classes too well, but I know P = I x E because mmmmm pie....

Comparing a breaker and fuse holder, the breaker definitely looks like it can handle more power without melting.. Does a marine breaker differ much from those ones used for households? Not exactly certain about the availability of a "marine grade" over here where I currently am without ordering it.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
I said marine breaker because they have standalone designs not made to go in a panel

·
Registered
174 Posts
Actually, I'm not sure I'm comfortable mounting that breaker unless I can figure out a way to cover those posts, one allen wrench bridging those hot points and Imma have roasted nuts....

·
Registered
12,395 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Does anyone have a link to a reputable supplier of Shindengsen RRs?
A mate got burnt recently with a dodgy mosfet RR and I’m trying to avoid that experience.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Does anyone have a link to a reputable supplier of Shindengsen RRs?
A mate got burnt recently with a dodgy mosfet RR and I’m trying to avoid that experience.
Hey Cuz, where did your mate get the Mofset?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Hey Mate.
Just a random Ebay seller.
We mounted it up and tested it.
It was hot enough to cook eggs on and pushed less volts than the standard one (13.6v).
He is trying to hide the RR and wants a cooler running one.
I hope you and yours are having a wonderful end to your year.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Hey Mate.
Just a random Ebay seller.
We mounted it up and tested it.
It was hot enough to cook eggs on and pushed less volts than the standard one (13.6v).
He is trying to hide the RR and wants a cooler running one.
I hope you and yours are having a wonderful end to your year.
Hey Cuz, I hope that you and yours are well. I have the Compufire 55402 which pushes out 14 but I think it's shitting the bed because it sometimes puts out about 12.5 at idle.

If you go on TRAT, there's a thread on it and they say there's a Shindedan that you can get from Bike Bandit that will work.

I'm looking to get a new RR but a Mofset from either Rick's or RM Stator

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
AA....tell your mate to get the Shendingen series style regulator....cheaper than the Compufire.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Thanks Doc.

Any idea of an Aussie suplier Leggy?

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
No mate, I don't. I recommend you read this thread on Trat. in the later part of the thread He talks about the Shendingan SH775 Series regulator and how to fit it. He recommends a part made by Triumph which is cheap to buy, to connect the R/R into the loom, called the Link lead. All that you need to know is in post #13 of that thread.

This is the R/R you need. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Vol...=item25d8610199:g:ZPQAAOSw5dlaIDu-:rk:12:pf:0

161 - 180 of 222 Posts