Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has one and what brand. if you do not have one would you like one? is anyone happy and feel safe without? i don't have one yet but think after break in i will..........

G

·
I have felt a little head shake at times, but nothing that worries me.

I know HiVel has had two different dampers on his bike. The first one made contact with the front fender.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Get the Matris -very nice and works good. It goes under the triple clamp and you can hardly see it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I don't think it needs it. not with wide bars, the geometry feel like it can get little nervous when really provoked with throttle in corner, but it's pretty laid back slapper.

If you have narrow clip ones, and are using very high speeds and doing trackdays, then it's probably a good idea.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
dr_gallup said:
I see that Department of Suspension has the Matris M4R on sale along with a lot of other Matris stuff.

http://www.departmentofsuspension.com/matrissale.htm
Think that's the one i bought,fn cheap compared to Australian prices and that was including airfreight to Oz.I am amazed at the difference it has made to the bike.I have been clicking it up one notch at a time,am at number 4 now but think on number 5 it would be spot on.Don't get me wrong i think the bike handled great before but now it is greater(if that's a word)On the hwy it used to get a slight bit of headshake when passing trucks and cars,now nothing.Around corners feels a lot more stable and easy to read.Very fn happy i am.Will try and get some pics up soon. :drink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kinda agree, it doesn't *really* need one - but I got one anyway (the ExtremeTech - mounts the same place as the Matris and can hardly be seen - easy to adjust on the go as well). Since I've worked the suspension, it's[damper] left on the lowest (least) setting, as the bike feels very happy now and doesn't get nervous at all any more

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Bucket said:
On the hwy it used to get a slight bit of headshake when passing trucks and cars,now nothing
thanks bucket :drink:...thats the only place i notice some wobble...good to know it cured it...might have to purchase one now...i used to have one (adjustable) on my 900rr but i only used it for doing christ airs...i guess with the natural load on the clip ons i never felt that on the highway...plus that boat was so easy to launch i never really got any slappers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts