Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running fast the other nite and my left side Carbon frame cover blew off - went back to find it-no luck in the dark. I had to go back a day later whereupon I found it all crunched, probably run over by a cager.

G

·
HiVel,
If you decide to replace the parts, I have some adhesive that I promise will not release. It bonds better than welding. It is very similar to the adhesive that is used to bond the aluminum panels on the new Lotus Elise together.

You just need to make sure you never want to remove them later.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
If you use LOTS of 3M double sided tape, your parts should stay on like glue. Just make sure it is the gray foam tape that is wrapped in red. I put my aluminum diamond plate tank pad on with it and it took a good half hour yanking and cussing to get the thing removed. Thinking I'll do a plain silver one this winter for my black tank.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Devious said:
HiVel,
If you decide to replace the parts, I have some adhesive that I promise will not release. It bonds better than welding. It is very similar to the adhesive that is used to bond the aluminum panels on the new Lotus Elise together.

You just need to make sure you never want to remove them later.
Out of curiosity is it available commercially and what would its name be? Any health hazards?

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Lol, you're not talking about epoxy resin are you? That stuff will make a permanent bond. Thats what I used on my rear wheel speedo sensor for the veypor to attach the magnet to the rear hub.

If you want to be able to remove them, I'd go with the 3M tape. You just have to use a lot of it with good placement and clean the area first really well. I'm telling you, it'll stick really well, but at least you'll be able to peel the parts off later if they get damaged or you want to remove them later for any other reason.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
I'll be making a new one in the coming weeks that'll be in regular brushed aluminum for my black tank, but here are a few of the first prototype. When I redo it, it'll fit better across the top of the Triumph logos and match the top of the tank better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The previous owner of my S3 installed the carbon fibre tank guard alittle off centre. After removing it for re-alinement I couldn't get anything to stick to the rough underside of the carbon fibre. After much looking I finally found the perfect stuff, It's clear silicone for marine use. It's made to stick anything for glass to canvas. It won't hurt any surfaces and it can be moved later without damaging anything. Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts