Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
It sounds like you might need a new set of springs and a fluid change on your fork tubes if they're that bad. With the age of your bike, I'd be concerned about the last time someone changed the fork fluid (its supposed to be a nice clear or gold color). You might also consider doing a gold valve kit on the forks.

A K&N filter should be available. Try ebay for the best price. Otherwise, rideteamtriumph.com or great bay motorcycles are pretty decent places to look. I prefer rideteamtriumph as they know their stuff.

I'm not sure who would make a pipe, but if you want really light look for titanium pipes. Most of the links I've got are for T595/509/955i stuff with some 1050 mixed in.

I wouldn't be suprised if you could get at least an ohlins rear shock or do a full rebuild of the stock shock using Racetech bits.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
This is a T3, though. I wouldn't be suprised if there is stuff on T595 that'd cover it though. I haven't much experience with em, but a gearing change would definitely liven things up. Just make sure you won't be rubbing down to your swingarm by going down teeth in the front. Might be better to go up 3 in the back first and get a new and longer DID 530 X-ring chain. An old whipped out chain will ruin a bike's true nature. I know this from personal experience...

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Jack Lilley in the UK or Skykingproducts here in the US would be the first places I'd look for sliders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts