4,658 Posts
Interesting.

I would love to see the graphs.

No difference, even at low revs?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stubby made a few more ft-lb in the mid range go figure, it was well lean at low rpm. I used the same map as the high can, short on time I’ll sort it later!!!! However on the track the stubby was not that flash????

The disk with the runs on it are at the shop, I’ll grab them tomorrow and post some results….

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Interesting, I would definitely like to see the torque graphs. I would expect to see some fairly large tuning changes need between the two silencers simply due to the collector/midpipe length changes. It would be very interesting to see the two compared on a Daytona, and then on a 1050 S3....hint, HINT!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
What?!!!
You forgot how to fabricate an adapter? ;D

Unfortunately, no one this side of the pond wants to test the stubby silencers before and after. I am thinking testing the differences between my Trident duals and then fabbing up a mid pipe I can cut in 4 inch (100mm) increments and test how this changes the tuning on the 1050. Damn curiosity killed the cat....

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try them when I do the head,cam and header swap to make the motor a strokatona 1050... :smitty: :smitty: :smitty: :smitty:

·
Registered
18 Posts
We should have our stubby for the 1050 ready next week and it will go on the dyno back to back with our twin pipes - I'll let you all know what we see...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Wolf/Mr. Sorrell,
Let us know what you find. Does your stubby design mount the silencer directly to the header, or is there a short length of pipe between them.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Great info!
About what I would expect to see on a Daytona with the short silencer.

The 1098 is interesting.

THANKS!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Devious2xs said:
Wolf/Mr. Sorrell,
Let us know what you find. Does your stubby design mount the silencer directly to the header, or is there a short length of pipe between them.
One of these days I'm just gonna have to make a decision and pull the trigger, but I got super excited when i read you guys were putting out a low mount! I'll wait a little bit longer....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts