Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weigh about 97-98 kg.

I left preload on front and rear as stock but changed Comp/Rebound to 1.5/1.25 on both front and rear. (e.g 1.5 = 1.5 turns unwound from fully wound in, 1.25 = 1.25 turns unwound from fully wound in).

So far I've been impressed.

There is a long series of fast bends near me where I used to get some head shake and a little weave, not had any since I reset these little changes to the bike.

Maybe good for the heavier lumps?

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I weigh 210 pounds (95kg?). And I set up very close to your settings. It made a nice improvement,.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Keep in mind no two forks are identical, but it could be a good starting ground to work with. I had to start at ground zero with my racetech/gsxr swap and still have some tuning to go to get it dialed in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
J-Pip said:
By fully wound in you mean turn in all the way the hard and backed off 1.5 turns right? 1.5 on the front and 1.25 on the rear?
JP

FRONT

Wind down both screws on either side of front fork fully (but not hard).

Wind out FRONT forks = Rebound 1.5 turns Compression 1.25 turns

REAR

Wind down both adjuster screws of rear shock fully (but not hard).

Wind out REAR = Rebound 1.5, Compression 1.25

Beware 05 UK manual tells you incorrectly where one of the rear adjusters is. It points you to a screw that CANNOT be adjusted. The correct screw is actually located on the other side of the bike.

Mark

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
It's taken me this long to realize that one fork is for comp and the other for rebound, D-D-Dee. ??? Oh well that explains my trouble, I can't find the rear rebound i think. The one on the resivoir I've found, but can't find the other one. I don't have a manual to go by. ??? My bike has been handling like shit, now I know why.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J-Pip said:
It's taken me this long to realize that one fork is for comp and the other for rebound, D-D-Dee. ??? Oh well that explains my trouble, I can't find the rear rebound i think. The one on the resivoir I've found, but can't find the other one. I don't have a manual to go by. ??? My bike has been handling like shit, now I know why.
Its on the extreme bottom left of the shock in the caseing where it goins to the lower linkage (gear change side) the dumb manual says its on the other side.

·
Registered
254 Posts
limey said:
J-Pip said:
Its on the extreme bottom left of the shock in the caseing where it goins to the lower linkage (gear change side) the dumb manual says its on the other side.

OH. I feel like a fuckin' idiot. Haha. I was tryin' to adjust the screw on the other side according to the manual, and it wouldn't move. I was all....

"....THE FUCK!?!?" and figured it was frozen and screwed up, or...somethin.

:violent1:

That makes me feel better. Bet it firms up the handling of the bike across a corner now that I've got my rebound set to where I wanted it. Looking forward to riding with it tomorrow when it's not 30 fuckin' degrees and drizzling.

...If I wanted to live in london, I think I would have. - twitch. - Damned new mexico in the spring and the strange weather patterns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.