Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the SW-Motech centerstand installed on my '06 S3 and I'm l pleased with the quality and function. Should have been OE on a naked/standard bike with a MSRP of $9999.00. I'm wondering if there are any clearance problems with the various half exhaust systems available like Arrow or Leo Vince. Anyone have any experience with this combo?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have the SW MOTECH centerstand and was wondering the same thing. From looking at my stock setup and the picture of StuckinKansas' bike I am 99 percent sure that a stock header with an aftermarket slip on will not interfere with the centerstand. At least the Zard will work. Not sure about the M4 or Buckets pipe but I bet they would be ok.

No telling about the Arrow or Zard fullsystems though.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Zard full system was fine. The only clearance issue was the O2 sensor location, but it fit (very close to the bottom of the frame and I had to put the sensor on before mounting).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zard full system does not fit with an 1050 speedy. The O2 sensor comes out into the right bracket for the stand. Kind of annoying cos I liked the stand.

G

·
Out of interest why would you want a centre stand on what's meant to be a sporty bike? I've got my race stand in the garage for cleaning/lubing the chain and personally I'd rather not have the extra weight. Plus the bloody thing always dragged around the corners when I had one on my Sprint ST.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two of my bikes don't have a centerstand- a '98 VTR1000 and a '99 ZRX1100. Even with two Pit Bull stands they're nowhere as easy and convenient to lever up. When you clean the wheels after every ride and clean and lubricate the chain every 350 miles as I do the ease of use of a centerstand is a big advantage. The weight of a centerstand is minimal and carried low. Plus my S3 won't ever see a track day...

G

·
That's interesting that you find the centre stand easier than a race stand to get the bike onto. I found the one on my ST much harder to use than the race stand. Also when the bike is on the race stand I can wheel it around which you can't do on the centre stand (very handy if you've got the wheel off for some reason.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I love my centerstand. It won't drag in the corners unless I lowside. And it goes wherever the bike goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts