Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please post a picture of an original R/H switch gear? Mine has two holes in the twist grip housing where something looks missing!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Just thinkin’, maybe, perhaps you know.
Maybe you could post a pic of your switch gear with its two holes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your quick response - I'm still getting to grips with navigating the forum and have now posted the picture of the holes, which seem to indicate a missing switch. Any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
That's not your switch gear, that's the throttle housing. Not sure what the holes are, but I'm positive they have nothing to do with the electrical system. I don't even remember them ever being on mine. Maybe someone's cruise control experiment?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I reckon Crash is right.
Not a great pic but this is an 05.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
PS, while Crash can be helpful be very, very careful about opening any links he may post.
Never at work, never with your wife or kids around. :barf:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
PS, while Crash can be helpful be very, very careful about opening any links he may post.
Never at work, never with your wife or kids around. :barf:
And I thought we were friends. :'(

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
And I thought we were friends. :'(
Friends with benefits in fact matey.
I just cant do THAT any more. :devi:
Merry Xmas old chap.
I assume it will be an excuse for you to don one of your haute couture knitted jerseys. :)

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Friends with benefits in fact matey.
I just cant do THAT any more. :devi:
Merry Xmas old chap.
I assume it will be an excuse for you to don one of your haute couture knitted jerseys. :)
:drink::beer:

Unfortunately, I have grown too fat for the ones I have. :crying:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just following up on this. Tracked myself down a replacement throttle housing on the online auction site. Delivered today. Has the same holes, as does this bike I saw advertised online! So I guess they're supposed to be there for something! Screenshot_20210609-191655.png
Screenshot_20210609-191655.png

1 - 13 of 13 Posts