Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come they don`t make metal tank badges for the speed triple?
I always thought that would look 8)
Is it because they want to shave weight?

I remember on the thruxton forum reading about a tankbag rubbing through the clearcoat and taking the decal off.
Anyone have that problem with the speed triples decals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
I think it's because a metallic tank pad would scratch just like the tank. And since the idea of having a tank pad is not to have scratches... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
premier said:
I think it's because a metallic tank pad would scratch just like the tank. And since the idea of having a tank pad is not to have scratches... ;D
Not Tank Pad, Tank Badge ,like the Logo on the older bikes,and Thruxtons and Bonnies instead of just a decal under clearcoat a raised metal logo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
thegoat said:
premier said:
I think it's because a metallic tank pad would scratch just like the tank. And since the idea of having a tank pad is not to have scratches... ;D
Not Tank Pad, Tank Badge ,like the Logo on the older bikes,and Thruxtons and Bonnies instead of just a decal under clearcoat a raised metal logo.
Oh, sorry, my bad :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,266 Posts
Maybe a Triumph badge from another bike in the range could be modifed? Or else maybe you could make your own and have it cast?
Second problem would be fixing it to the plastic tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
It could be metal..........I think it would look sharp if done right. I'm sure Triumph's thinking is the decal for the "urban sports" bikes (I hate that title BTW) and the badges for the "modern classics" line (DAMN, I hate that one too). Suzuki, heaven forbid , have done the same thing with the "S" logo on the tank. It's the only thing esthetically I like about their bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Speedy tank is plastic???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,851 Posts
greenbollocks said:
It could be metal..........I think it would look sharp if done right. I'm sure Triumph's thinking is the decal for the "urban sports" bikes (I hate that title BTW) and the badges for the "modern classics" line (DAMN, I hate that one too). Suzuki, heaven forbid , have done the same thing with the "S" logo on the tank. It's the only thing esthetically I like about their bikes.
better than crotch rocket IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheapbastard said:
thegoat said:
The Speedy tank is plastic???
yes, but some 07's have metal tanks!?! :violent1: Don't ask why, who knows when the switch was made!
Mine is an `07 .I`ll hold a torch flame to it,if it melts,I`ll know it`s plastic.Now I got to get rid of it before i even get it :mad:
I`m picking mine up in about 10 hours 32 minutes and 29 seconds...28...27....26....25....24......
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top