The Speed Triple Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I just read a test on the new speedy in German motorrad magazine.
the new one had 1 HP less than the 2015
��

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want to share with you a very cool site - https://autokwix.com/ . Here you will find a lot of useful information, which will be useful for truck owners and SUVs. You will find here product purchase guides, reviews, complete manuals and great articles. With Autokwix, people inspired by truck and SUV culture get a platform to share information and ideas with the like-minded community.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Interesting. Looks like a completely new engine. I was expecting a 900cc version of the Street Triple engine.

The new Trident seems to be wearing a version of the Street Triple/Daytona engine though.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Got an email this morning from Triumph announcing

THE ALL-NEW SPEED TRIPLE 1200 RS
A TRANSFORMATION IS COMING

LIVE GLOBAL LAUNCH
JANUARY 26th
7:00 am ET / 4:00 am PT

So maybe, just maybe, this will be the HUGE LEAP FORWARD we've been waiting for since the 1050 came out 16 years ago.
I already don't like the headlights but if they shave off 30 or 40 pounds and add 30 or 40 HP I might consider it.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
So maybe, just maybe, this will be the HUGE LEAP FORWARD we've been waiting for since the 1050 came out 16 years ago.
I already don't like the headlights but if they shave off 30 or 40 pounds and add 30 or 40 HP I might consider it.
My thoughts exactly. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Got an email this morning from Triumph announcing

THE ALL-NEW SPEED TRIPLE 1200 RS
A TRANSFORMATION IS COMING

LIVE GLOBAL LAUNCH
JANUARY 26th
7:00 am ET / 4:00 am PT

I also truly hope this was worth the looooong wait....

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I like what I'm seeing for the most part. Those passenger pegs would have to go but it looks like 4 bolts and the whole bracket is off the subframe.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
[video=youtube;VczRFwgIYgo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VczRFwgIYgo[/video]

There will only be this RS version...no lower spec versions

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Not too wild about either color scheme. Also that weird filler piece covering the valve cover just seems superfluous. Weight spec is confusing. They say 437 lbs consistently but sometimes that is given as dry weight and sometimes as "ready to ride" what ever that means. Wet with 1 ounce in the gas tank? Fully fueled? 437 fully fueled is pretty good, otherwise not so much. Torque curve is biased to higher revs than previous but looks like it will be plenty flexible. What the hell is a "slip and assist" clutch? Wheels, brakes and suspension look good. Bring on the road tests!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts