Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Speed Triple -07 and the manual says that the first maintenance check have to be done after 500 miles / 800 km. Am I able to drive more than 800 km before the first check? What is the maximal amount of km before that check?

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
It's highly important that you change the oil at 800k (500 miles) but otherwise there's little that needs to be done.   There's a list in your manual, and most of it you can do yourself.  Mainly things like adjusting your chain and checking for loose bolts and such.

Nice Limey.  Scare the poor newb to death.  I'm surprised you didn't post a picture of your family while you were at it.

Oh, what the hell: Limey's family.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Well, you are supposed to have your first oil change during this service so if you have not already changed the oil I would not put it off too long. Nothing else is too critical but they do check a lot of nuts & bolts to make sure nothing is about to fall off. Why don't you just download the shop manual do it yourself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.