Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll First post a video link for the non readers:
[video=youtube;fwrTRzn_Ku4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwrTRzn_Ku4[/video]

So, I picked this pipe up for a little over $100 from a S3 owner who lives about an hour north of me. Installation couldnt have been simpler. It took about one minute and forty five seconds to install this pipe. It literally clamps on with one bolt. There are no hangers or other such witchcraft. Honestly, I wasted more time removing the stock exhaust since you have to pull the plastic tail sections to get it off.

So.....Major Pros of this pipe:
looks Sexxxxy. Speed triples look great with the tail cleared up IMO
Major weight savings (40lbs or so)
Easy Install
Compatible with Arrow 3-1 tune
No loss if ground clearance
Excellent sound (when you get on the throttle, it sounds like a turbo-diesel whistle and all)
Major handling increase without all of that weight under the tail.
NO highway drone

And of course there is cons :disappointed:
The stock passenger rearsets look goofy as hell without the undertail exhaust. (Im looking into some GSXR ones)
I have an R&G fender eliminator ant the position of my indicators is such that they gather soot from the exhaust stream.
The quiet tip is sold separately and costs $45
It becomes very distracting with women constantly chasing after, and jumping out in front of me.

Over all, I think this is a great pipe to have, It really highlights the unique sound of the triple engine and looks great at the same time. For the price, you'll be hard-pressed to come up with a better low mount option. My only advice to a potential buyer is to shell out for the quiet insert from CW. I love me a good loud pipe, but there are always times when I wish I could pop a baffle in and hear the sounds around me.

Thanks for reading folks! I am about to buy a 2012 S3R, so if you have any other exhaust suggestions that you think might be better, feel free to share.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It'd be awesome if you could do a sound comparison inside the same garage you recorded the first two clips in...as control. And let's hear one with the quiet insert when you get it, too.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Mine sounds nothing like my cummins. Nor do I have a Turbo whistle.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For my next one i'm planning on including some sound graphs and only doing my recording in a sound studio. Im still working out how i'm going to get my personal dynamometer through the door. However things are looking up because Dr. Dre offered to do the audio recording for me so I can man the throttle. The next one should be the berries!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice work..So it really took 40lbs off the weight of the bike? My comp werkes is coming in a few days. Can't wait.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The weight removed is so high on the bike it may be comparable to 40lbs. removed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seriously, it feels like you lost half the bike. On another note, i wonder if triumph will move the exhaust down low on the next gen S3 like they have on the Streetie and Tona

1 - 12 of 12 Posts