Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
2K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  1050 James 
That's a lot of codes to get all at once. I'm surprised it runs at all. Sometimes when an engine runs poorly and almost stalls it will throw some spurious codes. I would get TuneBoy or TuneECU. Then I would make sure the battery is fully charged. Then clear all the codes, start it up and run the 12 minute tune (don't touch the throttle and let it idle for 12 minutes then shut it off). That will reset all the adaptives in the ECU mapping. Check what if any codes you have now. Maybe reset any codes and run the engine a short time to see if they come back. Hopefully you will be down to one or two codes that will let you zero in on the problem.

You might want to start with what they suggest about pulling the airbox and checking all the hoses and electrical connections. Then do what I said above. Do you have a service manual? I uploaded on in a post a few weeks ago.

I do think some of those codes are spurious. When engines are running poorly a lot of stuff is going on that can cause misleading codes to be set. I had a plug wire fall of on my Corvette and I got a bunch of codes, none of them related to a missing plug wire including "service traction control system" etc. Highly unlikely to have one bad injector let alone 3.

There is an extra plug of two down there. If you don't see anything to plug in then don't worry about it. May be canister purge or something your bike does not have.

Checking valve clearance is a good idea and pretty easy. Just be sure to get new gaskets before you start. I've never heard of carbon building up on the seats. There is a lot of seating pressure and also the flow velocity is high there. Carbon can build up on the backs of the inlet valves but it's not normal if you run good fuel. You can look right in on the inlets if you remove the airbox. Last time I looked mine were bright and shiny. I know there are people who swear by Seafoam to decarbon engines but I have a very dim view of snake oil mechanics in a bottle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.