Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
841 - 856 of 856 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm no expert, but from what I've read on this site the T.O.D is only for up to 2011 models. Apparently at the very least the cams are different on later bikes. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. I am a proud new owner of a 2009 Speed Triple Vin 363448. It currently has a K&N filter and a CW Slip on with stock headers SAI removed with 02 still installed. I've been reading this entire thread trying to decide if the TOD would be optimal for my bike. I am currently running the 20534 Map for low level system without SAI.

From what I've read it should be ok if I check off the 02 sensor correct? Also, I live in Las Vegas NV and have no access to 93 pump. 91 is the best I can get unfortunately. Will this suffice?
Thanks everyone for all the info you have already provided. Excuse this noob as he asks more questions regarding a beaten topic lol.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Don't do it! Good god man! The TOD is not for mere mortals, no one of your paltry skills could handle it. Your wife would leave you, your hair would fall out, and your **** would stop working.

...or you could use TuneECU to load it, see if it works, and switch back if it didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
lol I am not worthy crash. With that being said, Ill sample it. My biggest concern was riding with 91 when tuned for 93. If my wife leaves me, mission accomplished.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ran the TOD for the early Vin bikes on my 2005 for a few years. Finally got around to removing all the SAI components, and tried a couple of the other custom tunes for a setup similar to mine (cw, bmc filter) I finally got to experience the 3-4k surging everyone bitches about. I modified the TOD and removed the SAI and O2 inputs, loaded it back onto the bike and I'm back baby! TOD is the best of the few tunes I've tried. I just hope she forgives me for my philandering!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mines an 07 with K&N, standard headers, and low mount MIV pipe. Being an Aussie delivered Trip no SAI.
I've been running TOD with the 02 unchecked and an 02 delete installed and I never get the dreaded surge so maybe just luck of the draw.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mines an 07 with K&N, standard headers, and low mount MIV pipe. Being an Aussie delivered Trip no SAI.
I've been running TOD with the 02 unchecked and an 02 delete installed and I never get the dreaded surge so maybe just luck of the draw.
Yea, I only got the surge with other tunes, the TOD has been good to me, I just didn't realize how good until I tried the other fruit. I'll be TOD for the duration unless I ever get a completely custom tune job.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to the original tuner, joe, bad Santa, and all the contributors on this thread. Quite a collection of speed triple knowledge here.
I have a 2008 speed triple, with an arrow low boy full system, with the baffle in. K&N filter and that's it. I had been running the dealer recommended triumph arrow 3into1 tune with relative satisfaction. Pretty clean running, a little rich seeming and had a little rumble on decel, but not bad. The power curve seemed fairly linear, with just a little hit around 5k rpm.
This past Saturday I uploaded the tune of death just for fun. Let her idle for about 15 min, shut her down and geard up. On the 20 min canyon ride I enjoyed very smooth performance and the almost compete elimination of the decel rumble. Basically zero growl or pop on decel, EXCEPT, occasionally, when chopping the throttle from around 8k rpms, it will blast one crisp, loud backfire, and then back to absolute smoothness. Anyone else have any snappy, loud backfires? I havnt had anyone follow me yet to tell me if if it smells rich, but I'm guessing that might be the culprit.
Overall very impressed with the tune, the throttle input is way smoother, and it's resolved a lot of the snatchy feel during slower low rpm riding.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
It’s rich here and there, and lean here and there. It’s put together for best performance vs what the ideal AF ratio “should” be.

[video=youtube_share;I81XOZ-RkV0]https://youtu.be/I81XOZ-RkV0[/video]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to the group, I have MY 2010 special edition with DNA air filter and low Hp corse hydroform slip on exhaust. My dealer install the low arrow map but I am not very happy cause I have an issue when I dismiss the clutch lever and the bike is rolling when I give a little bit throttle it stalls for a moment . This thing didn’t happen with the last stock map . Also my dealer he setup the TPS and the butterfly’s . So can i install the TOD map in my bike? or my setup is not good enough. Also I don’t have o2 sensor or cat in my bike and the baffle is on.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone still on here. I loaded the TOD (Early) on my 2006, when looking on the TuneECU app it is showing as Map 20100, when looking on the Tuneecu page it shows this as production silencer with cat and SAI - is this correct? Have really bad low throttle running at 3-4k

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone still on here. I loaded the TOD (Early) on my 2006, when looking on the TuneECU app it is showing as Map 20100, when looking on the Tuneecu page it shows this as production silencer with cat and SAI - is this correct? Have really bad low throttle running at 3-4k
When I had a 2005 speed triple, I ran TOD with SAI and O2 disabled with a compwerks exhaust. If you pm me your email, I will send you my altered file and the original. My bike pulled hard through the whole power band without the dead spot I had with the arrow low tune at 3-4k.

841 - 856 of 856 Posts