Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i wweld my zard system up full or not ? add a crossover at the header ?

also going to wrap and ceramic coat , is there a ceramic i can do at home ? i have access to a 500 degree oven for curing

ceramic in and out , and how to clean it really well inside before welding and ceramic im thinking taking it for a dip at a chrome chop.

can zards be repacked and made louder ?

i can lay some mean tig beads

ok enough reposted questions

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
ctrhenry said:
should i wweld my zard system up full or not ? add a crossover at the header ?

also going to wrap and ceramic coat , is there a ceramic i can do at home ? i have access to a 500 degree oven for curing

ceramic in and out , and how to clean it really well inside before welding and ceramic im thinking taking it for a dip at a chrome chop.

can zards be repacked and made louder ?

i can lay some mean tig beads

ok enough reposted questions
If you ceramic coat the inside I think you may decrease perf due to restricting the flow.. Just a thought...

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I would think just the opposite. The ceramic on the inside should flow and help fill in imperfections in the pipe. If anything is lost in diameter it should be made up for in smoothness.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
The amount of ceramic you are putting on is about the same as a layer of paint, or even less. Not enough to really affect the cross sectional area of the pipe.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Don't forget to use backing gas if you decide to weld the exhaust. Although some people seem to think welding without backing gas is just fine, you will burn up the chromium/nickel pretty quickly without it thereby removing the stainless quality of the welded area. If you're going to ceramic coate it anyway, it doesn't really matter, but just a heads up.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont have current certs , but i got a little bit of welding skill :jerkoff:

i hoped to get a lot done after putting her up this winter , but alas never stopped riding

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Lemme know how the welding turns out if you go for it. I might have to do this to mine as well if it keeps popping and banging so loudly all the time. The slip fits aren't nearly as tight as the ones on my 1098's slips. Kinda makes me wonder how the fitment is on the 1098 Zard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.