Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day legends.

Ok. Just a quick question about this heap of sh1t 2011 Speed Triple.

For some unknown reason I bought a translogic quickshifter and installed it according to the vague instructions provided. Firstly, the wiring diagram was wrong so the dumb f#cks sent me the proper ones. I had to swap the pins around on the plugs. That's another story.

Once installed I adjusted the rod so it activated and I could hear the engine cutting out when I touched the gear lever.

I was pretty excited to take it out for a spin and took a bit of adjusting of the 3 dials. The first one is shift force and the other 2 are shift time. I adjusted the best I could seeing as though I didn't want to treat the local streets as a track.

I took the bike on a track day and ended up being disappointed. I ended up having to se the shift force to be very sensitive and both of the duration dials all the way clockwise.

The thing still doesn't like to shift while the gearbox is under load and it feels like it's doing nothing. Am I doing something wrong or is it the fact that the gearboxes are very agricultural and belong in a tractor on a farm ploughing the fields? I'll take some photos of the set-up and dial positions tonight when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts