Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with www.traxxion.com ?

I keep hearing good things about them and their front fork work. I sent an email out to them, and I'm waiting on a reply.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I received a reply to my email, then made a call. It seems I may need to be a guinea pig and perform some R&D for them. i am removing the forks this weekend and shipping them out.

I'll keep you all informed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,252 Posts
Devious2xs said:
I received a reply to my email, then made a call. It seems I may need to be a guinea pig and perform some R&D for them. i am removing the forks this weekend and shipping them out.

I'll keep you all informed.
Whaaaaaat?!?!?

How ya gonna do dyno time with no forks! ;) ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
I have a know-it-all book from them. GREAT read!!! All you will EVER need to know about suspensions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
APtech77 - The locale racers all say great things about Traxxion.

Dfib - It is CB's bike that is going on the dyno. Mine will go on right after the forks get back. I have to remove my header this weekend so we can test it on CB's bike against the stock and CRM headers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,252 Posts
Devious2xs said:
APtech77 - The locale racers all say great things about Traxxion.

Dfib - It is CB's bike that is going on the dyno. Mine will go on right after the forks get back. I have to remove my header this weekend so we can test it on CB's bike against the stock and CRM headers.
Well thinking about it that does make sense... With the engine mods you've done dyno numbers/tuning would prob be significantly different than for the rest of us slower modders! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dfib - THAT is exactly why I need CB. HiVel volunteered, but his header is modified.

If SatansK9 comes through, I may not need CB, but the Zard tuning would not happen. (Not good)


I received another email from Traxxion this morning. They are going to take my stock forks, test them, and then come up with options and recomendations. This way, other S3 riders will have the work figured out for them - should they decide to go this route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,252 Posts
Shouldn't take them long. I know a guy here in WI that had his Sprint forks done by them and he swears it was the best money he spent on his bike!

When I saw the name, I thought it was familiar so I went back and searched the WI moto board and found his bike info. He's been very pleased over his 20k miles with the traxxion fork work. Here's his write up: CLICK ME!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS!

What is really cool is the cartridge (and springs) can be removed when you sell the bike - returning it to stock. And then you can use it (them) in your next bike's forks.

They said 10 days to check and modify the forks - they are covered up with racer's parts right now. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Devious2xs said:
THANKS!

What is really cool is the cartridge (and springs) can be removed when you sell the bike - returning it to stock. And then you can use it (them) in your next bike's forks.

They said 10 days to check and modify the forks - they are covered up with racer's parts right now. ;)


The write up dfib posted sounded like it was a modification to a damper rod type fork, not the same as what we have.

10 days is a good turn around, especially at this time of year. I hope you have good results and let us know about them. :popcorn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The forks are on their way, and should be there in the morning. Traxxion will test and look at what options are available, and let me know.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,771 Posts
:popcorn:
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top