Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone actually have either the truipmh brand tank bag or tailpack? i was curious to get an yreviews as my local dealer doesnt have either in stock.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
No but i got the Bags Connection quick engage sport and it is fn brilliant,you can get it fromTwisted Throttle over there. :wave:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have both the Bags-Connection Engage Sport, and their Rear Bag. However, I saw the Triumph tail bag, and was quite impressed. Not as big as the BC Rear Bag, but it fit real nice, and was designed well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, looking at my post was proof that i never look to see if i spell anything wrong. i checked out the bags-connection site and the one you guys mentioned looks real nice. are there any us dealer cause 100+ euros is tons of money in the us.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I got the Triumph expandable tank bag - the one with the tank bra - and it works OK. My problem with it is it blocks airflow to my chest - good in the winter months, bad in the long, hot summer.

I have this magnetic tank bag from Tourmaster that I used to use on my old Yamaha. I modified it into a tail bag by putting a couple of grommets in the extreme corners of the flaps so I could run 5mm bolts through the grommets into the inserts in the seat. My bike has the T-handle passenger grab bar that the handle on the bag can hook over, but a strip of velcro mounted under the seat can accomplish the same thing. Check out the gallery picture titled 'Lowside 3' for a pic of this bag.
The Tourmaster bag cost $79.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
milestogogreg said:
does anyone actually have either the truipmh brand tank bag or tailpack? i was curious to get an yreviews as my local dealer doesnt have either in stock.
yeah Greg, just bought the 30 litre tank bag from Triumph with the tank cover. Just got back from a 3500km trip with the bag and I am very happy with it. I put a piece of duct tape across the bottom of the kill switch because if you have the side pockets on the bag packed full it is apparently possible on full right lock to switch off the motor.....not good if you are in a tight u turn. I did not experience that problem, but it pays to be aware of it. I would recommend the bag...it holds a lot of stuff, and as BillT said it does shield you from the wind, but it was not hot at all (in some places very cold) so that was a bonus for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts