Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only use the Tuneboy to load in tunes done by the sweat of others.

If I load in a tune, do I then need to/is it good practise to do the following?

1) CO adjustment

2) Reset TPS to sort out the idle and low speed running.

TIA

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dev,

You reset with engine off though do you?

Do you warm up bike, turn engine off, reset and let run for a while to let it settle in?

Cheers

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gnash!

I've been through all the documentation for Tuneboy, looked hard at the software interface and I cannot find where the reset TPS button is or the procedure - same for the Co?

How do you do this procedure?

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To reset the idle control, open Tuneboy Diagnostics (not Tune Edit). On the Sensor page, at the bottom is a button to "Reset ISCV". Reset this when the engine is warm, but not running. Make sure the ISC step reading (top line far right) still falls within range = 30-35.

CO is Carbon Monoxide - it is the factory oxygen sensor. When you alter the map, you change the O2 reading.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Dev.

Another Q..... today I opened her up and hit 11,500 revs before realising the rev limiter seemed disabled.

I'm running tune 20088 Dyno 39.

Is it possible to reinstate the rev limiter?

Mark

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Yep go into 'Edit' select 'Rev Limit' and put in the revs where you'd like the engine to stop revving. I'd use 9900 as an absolute max for a stock engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have my limiter set at 9950 rpm, but the tach shows nearly 11,500 rpm. The tach is off. I checked it against the dyno and with Tuneboy diagnostics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh makes sense because the rev limiter with tune 20088 was set at 9900.... I just wondered why the hell it never kicked in.

Before, with factory tune it did cut off very suddenly at 9500 or some figure near there.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts