The Speed Triple Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all,
I'm finally about to try and use the tuneboy thingy that has been languishing in my toolbox since the group buy delivered it into my sweaty hands. I have an 05 speedy, with Wolf high mount 3-1-2 exhaust, I blocked off the sai outlets with the plates from another inmate of this site,although I haven't removed the pre-cat, ( any thoughts on this ? pro's/ con's ) The tune installed at the moment is 20101, I think it might be a little rich,as I notice a little soot on the ends of the exhausts.
Any suggestions will be welcome, I am reading my way through the posts though........................

J.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
texasthreesome said:
Hi all,
I'm finally about to try and use the tuneboy thingy that has been languishing in my toolbox since the group buy delivered it into my sweaty hands. I have an 05 speedy, with Wolf high mount 3-1-2 exhaust, I blocked off the sai outlets with the plates from another inmate of this site,although I haven't removed the pre-cat, ( any thoughts on this ? pro's/ con's ) The tune installed at the moment is 20101, I think it might be a little rich,as I notice a little soot on the ends of the exhausts.
Any suggestions will be welcome, I am reading my way through the posts though........................

J.
My bike is very similar to yours, 2006 with Trident (Wolf) high mount cans, no SAI. I also have the Trident half pipe (with internal grinding around the O2 boss), pre-cat removed and the header inlet opened up a little to match the head better. Not sure that any of those additional exhaust mods make more than a 1-2% difference. I'm running a tune Wayne (PowerTripp) sent me that has been great: 20088Base2_DVS_1050precat_removed.dat I think you can find it in the down load section.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks guys for the speedy ( pun intended) replies, I've been going through the threads and my head is nipping !! I'm doing the racetech upgrade to my front forks ,so it will be a little easier to do the pre-cat removal deal,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure where I can find the tune you're refferring to,,,,,,,,would like to give it a try...

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
texasthreesome said:
Not sure where I can find the tune you're refferring to,,,,,,,,would like to give it a try...
I've got it.....I'll email it to you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks, greatly appreciated...........I tried to use my tuneboy yesterday, but my cable isn't communicating with the bike ( dint see the little light blinking ) It worked fine when I used it to get the key, but that must be a year or two back now, so what now,,,,,,,,,,i should add I'm known as "Amish Boy" when it comes to computers.........

·
Registered
29 Posts
No,,,, tried it as many ways as I could,,,,,ign on/off etc etc.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Might have found the problem, went to use my pendrive, stuck it in the USB port, didnt register, tried a couple of others same thing, one of the geeksters at best buy did something and fixed it for one pendrive,,,,,I thought it was good for anything plugged into the USB but no,,,,,,,,,,,,so now I'm stuck, how do I get my tuneboy cable to register ??? :violent1:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Morning all,

can any of you suggest a tuning shop in Melbourne (Australia, not Florida) that will use TuneBoy with a dyno....? I wanna get my bike set up all good and proper with new exhaust.......

...and btw, Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!
:drink:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I don't know of one that I would recommend in Melbourne Peter. I will be going to NSW for the East Coast Australia Rally late in March as will Sparti and quite a few others, and Sparti and I will be hitting up Wayne MacDonald in Sydney for a tune before we return to Melbourne. See here for details of the rally. More information will be posted real soon. You should join us.

http://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/australia/19982-east-coast-australia-rally-2012-a.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Chewie.
I can't make any big rides this year - a second daughter arrived a few weeks ago and just getting a day ride in is a major achievement at this point. Since the last post, I have had some contact with Wayne actually, and he has been absolutely brilliant. He described a new set of functions/features that the TuneBoy will soon be offering and they are fantastic; including a much better ability to tune the bike without needing a dyno. The final product isn't available yet, but bloody hell it sounds good.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Thanks Chewie.
I can't make any big rides this year - a second daughter arrived a few weeks ago and just getting a day ride in is a major achievement at this point. Since the last post, I have had some contact with Wayne actually, and he has been absolutely brilliant. He described a new set of functions/features that the TuneBoy will soon be offering and they are fantastic; including a much better ability to tune the bike without needing a dyno. The final product isn't available yet, but bloody hell it sounds good.
We've been waiting for this the last several...........uhm..........months

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
We've been waiting for this the last several...........uhm..........months
maybe Wayne should be like Microsoft and release it before it's ready.............and full of bugs.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
maybe Wayne should be like Microsoft and release it before it's ready.............and full of bugs.
Methinks the TuneEcu episode has some influence, making Wayne have second thoughts about releasing new software.
Also of note is that both Wayne and Steve (Racecomp) seem to have quit posting here.........ah well........

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
I'm thinking that wayne has enough customer base in other manufacturers that he doesn't need to hassle with triumph at this point. It would be nice to have 3xmaps on the fly, I would even pay for the upgrade, but until he can engineer it to be 100% secure, i doubt it will go public.

also, pickled asparagus taste awesome in a bloody mary:beer:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
You're probably right about being reluctant to share his new stuff with the likes of the author of TuneEcu, but I'm pretty sure that Triumph owners are still his biggest customers, and he is a Triumph owner himself.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts