Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been testing out tueneBoy's boost to gear ratio for progressive boostcontrol, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] gear starts at 2psi, 2[SUP]nd [/SUP]is 4psi and so on. All the ECU and 2bar mapping is with the OEM ECU no piggyback boost controller,launch control, progressive boost mapping and dyno work was done by WayneMcDonald at TuneBoy’s workshop in Sydney. www.tuneboy.com.au

Tried some more boost, 8 psi at 5000rpm it made 140bhp and a staggering 127ftlb of torque at the rear wheel and then it slipped the clutch,with that sort of torque at low to mid rpm the already beefed up springs just can’t take it, no problems with the BHP it's the torque that makes the difference.
A new set of even stronger springs are on the way.

[video=youtube;DTFU2VMsHRg]http://youtu.be/DTFU2VMsHRg[/video]
[video=youtube;ekqGpe0cLy0]http://youtu.be/ekqGpe0cLy0[/video]
[video=youtube;Qsp_vySOxWY]http://youtu.be/Qsp_vySOxWY[/video]

·
Registered
442 Posts
This makes me sad. 140whp on 8 lbs of boost?? Aren't these bikes supposed to make around 128whp or so on the dyno stock? Hell I had a 750 with ported heads, cams, and a full exhaust that made 162whp. Although the torque numbers are very impressive...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
it just a fact, if you want easy power, remove fairings from busa and bolt on the triumph headlights

If that is not enough, install turbo

·
Registered
335 Posts
This makes me sad. 140whp on 8 lbs of boost?? Aren't these bikes supposed to make around 128whp or so on the dyno stock? Hell I had a 750 with ported heads, cams, and a full exhaust that made 162whp. Although the torque numbers are very impressive...
If you read it says it made that power at 5000 rpms and then the clutch slipped. Those numbers would have kept climbing to redline if the clutch could have held it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That was awesome.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With my old set-up it made 204 RWBHP with an 112ftlb withoutany clutch issues, if the slipping clutch had not become a problem I would haveseen a lot bigger than 204 RWBHP.

·
Registered
114 Posts
:pow:

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
nice. It sure is cool that you have access to all the real stuff tuneboy can do. How does a normal person (who already purchased tuneboy) become cool enough to be able to make use of this stuff?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice. It sure is cool that you have access to all the real stuff tuneboy can do. How does a normal person (who already purchased tuneboy) become cool enough to be able to make use of this stuff?
Tune ECU killed most of the TuneBoy development, why would you do anything that would just end up on TECU for free, upgrade your program like you would windows for example and you would have the latest cool stuff. None of the new maps would work on the old system.

·
Registered
782 Posts
There is real RWHP and dynojet HP.
Would bet yours was on a dynoJet.

It would be nice if TuneBoy updated his software, paid good money for it and the keys.
DealerTool has added ABS support there program runs $110.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
My match.com acct was created using the dynojet software..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts