Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,608 Posts
What is wrong with the manual recommended Mobil Racing 4T 10W40 or 15W50 available at most local Esso/Exxon stations?

Both work for me. 10W40 lubes a bit better on startups and 15W50 makes the S3 run a bit quieter. Recently been running the latter as my speedy never sees extremely low temps.

I don't see the reason to experiment with other brands as there are already two factory recommended choices that work well running & gearboxwise.
???

· Registered
2,608 Posts
milq said:
Martin_R, I think one of the big reasons folks are asking these questions is the cost of the Triumph branded Racing 4T.
Ah, OK. Over here in northern Europe the Mobil Racing 4T is available un(Triumph)branded pretty much all over and it is the vanilla brand the gas stations sell for motorcycles.

Did not know it is a rare variety over there in US. I have been using the untriumphed kind myself.

· Registered
2,608 Posts
jimmydean said:
What I want to know is there difference between Mobile1 Triumph oil and just the regular Mobile1?
Only difference is the label.

Mobil1 Racing 4T 15W50 is the Triumph fully synthetic. Mobil Extra 4T 10W40 Semi-synthetic is the same as Triumph branded break in oil.

· Registered
2,608 Posts
The recommended oil for 1050 as per manual is 10W40 or 15W50. 15W50 for hot climate, 10W40 for cooler climate.

Nothing odd about Mobil 1 4T, it's easily available at gas stations on the EU side of the pond. Just don't confuse the motorcycle 4T with the plain vanilla car version.

· Registered
2,608 Posts
Any auto parts store will have the copper/aluminium sealing washers.

I would not use the car specific High Mileage Mobil 1. Sounds like the one on your link is ment for old leaky junkers, and not for high revving motorbikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.