Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
wanted to ask before i do it

i have ran syn thetics in every car/ motorcycle ive owned i have two brand REDLINE AND ROYAL PURPLE will these be ok to put in the speed triple (first time ive owned a bike past 1992 model year)

· Registered
223 Posts
Devious said:
Have you ever tested Royal Purple after 1000 miles?

It is slick stuff when new, but doesn't hold up IMHO.

You can try it in the bike. But I would suggest sending a sample out for analysis at your first oil change.
ive ran it in my firebird (2000mi on the rebuild)and my jetta(just rebuilt before i bought it and replaced the head) so i have never used it on a seasoned block but about how much is analysis for oil and have you ever used redline (buddy has a turbo mustang and swears by it says its best on the market??) i just dont want to cause any exessive damage to my bike thanks again devious

· Registered
223 Posts
cool thanks i am changing over to redline next weekend and will be sending out for results in 1000mi(i change the oil every 1000mi and the filter every 3000mi) after that will post them for you guys :) thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.