Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 40 of 126 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,608 Posts
milq said:
Martin_R, I think one of the big reasons folks are asking these questions is the cost of the Triumph branded Racing 4T.
Ah, OK. Over here in northern Europe the Mobil Racing 4T is available un(Triumph)branded pretty much all over and it is the vanilla brand the gas stations sell for motorcycles.

Did not know it is a rare variety over there in US. I have been using the untriumphed kind myself.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Devious said:
Have you ever tested Royal Purple after 1000 miles?

It is slick stuff when new, but doesn't hold up IMHO.

You can try it in the bike. But I would suggest sending a sample out for analysis at your first oil change.
ive ran it in my firebird (2000mi on the rebuild)and my jetta(just rebuilt before i bought it and replaced the head) so i have never used it on a seasoned block but about how much is analysis for oil and have you ever used redline (buddy has a turbo mustang and swears by it says its best on the market??) i just dont want to cause any exessive damage to my bike thanks again devious
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
I wouldn't listen to ANYBODY that would waste their money doing anything to a mustang, unless its spent to advertise the cars sale. Or a sledgehammer. Sorry if I offend, but I just don't like Fords. They can be good cars, but I have worked on enough of them to see some of the bad engineering they put on the roads.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
cool thanks i am changing over to redline next weekend and will be sending out for results in 1000mi(i change the oil every 1000mi and the filter every 3000mi) after that will post them for you guys :) thanks for the help
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,095 Posts
I'm quite surprised to hear so many of you don't use MX4T/Racing 4T. It is what Triumph recommends(kick back from Mobil I'm sure) and is easy to get. I did my first oil change using the dealers oil/filter( in case I have any immediate warranty issues) and figured to do the rest myself using the Racing 4T from my local Auto Zone. I know oil is soft subject, but what is the deal?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
Question ; in Oz motul sells [5100 4T 15w 50] or [7100 4T 15w 50]

They claim the 5100 is semi synth and the 7100 is full synth.

I am running the 7100 but looking at changing to the 5100.

My only complaint is clunky gear changes especially down shifts if I don't blip the throttle and neutral to 1st at traffic lights.
Still I've only got 5000km so it might smooth out.

AA
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
AA said:
Question ; in Oz motul sells [5100 4T 15w 50] or [7100 4T 15w 50]

They claim the 5100 is semi synth and the 7100 is full synth.

I am running the 7100 but looking at changing to the 5100.

My only complaint is clunky gear changes especially down shifts if I don't blip the throttle and neutral to 1st at traffic lights.
Still I've only got 5000km so it might smooth out.

AA
So what IS the question?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
Ok, Dumby question I suppose.

I just haven't heard anyone here [or 'there'] mention the 7100.

I'm running it and looking to change to the 5100.

Has anyone here had experience with both?

AA
 

· Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
ok I hate to revive this but I knew i'd get shit if I created "another fuq'n oil thread"

SO when I click for the results it takes me back to the Superthread glossary. What I want to know is there difference between Mobile1 Triumph oil and just the regular Mobile1? I've been using the Mobile1 Triumph oil for quite some time and no problems.........but the price does get old at $52 a jug

And while i'm at it anyone use synthetic in there lawn mower? I got two bottle of the Triumph oils with a little bit of oil in each so I thought i'd make my Cub Cadet as close a Trump as possible :loser:
 

· Registered
'08 Speed Triple
Joined
·
1,834 Posts
G

·
Devious said:
AA said:
Question ; in Oz motul sells [5100 4T 15w 50] or [7100 4T 15w 50]

They claim the 5100 is semi synth and the 7100 is full synth.

I am running the 7100 but looking at changing to the 5100.

My only complaint is clunky gear changes especially down shifts if I don't blip the throttle and neutral to 1st at traffic lights.
Still I've only got 5000km so it might smooth out.

AA
So what IS the question?
Is semi synthetic ok? Owners manual says so.
 
G

·
Tell me about it, it's Motul 5100 an it's 10/40 an what the hell is Ester. This stuff looks almost clear :shocker: I can't bring myself to pour it in :wtf:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
jimmydean said:
ok I hate to revive this but I knew i'd get shit if I created "another fuq'n oil thread"

SO when I click for the results it takes me back to the Superthread glossary. What I want to know is there difference between Mobile1 Triumph oil and just the regular Mobile1? I've been using the Mobile1 Triumph oil for quite some time and no problems.........but the price does get old at $52 a jug

And while i'm at it anyone use synthetic in there lawn mower? I got two bottle of the Triumph oils with a little bit of oil in each so I thought i'd make my Cub Cadet as close a Trump as possible :loser:

You can find this info on Mobil 1's website. Regular Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 4T is not the same. At least that's what Mobil says. Just like ingredients in food, you have no choice but to believe what the MFG says.
Also, I did not see that Mobil 1 4T is semi-synth. ??? I will find out for sure shortly when I buy some though.
 
21 - 40 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top