Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this but I am trying!
So, long story cut very short! I have inherited a 2010 Speed Triple 1050 with only 7661 miles on the clock. Its been in storage intermittently a few years so its in lovely condition. The only problem is that there is no service history what so ever!? I have trawled through everywhere trying to find info to no avail. I contacted the manufacturer in Norfolk, they have a receipt of collection but nothing else!? No service records anywhere? I cannot understand why!? Not a sniff!? Due to data protection I cannot even contact any past owners for information馃槺its sooo frustrating! Its had 3 past owners, the original buyer at new, a shop and then another owner now me.
It came with the original parts that were changed to modify such as standard exhaust, both bug eye headlamps, a replaced indicator and rear foot peg configuration etc, no receipts nothing.
Does anybody out there know how I can move forward with this please!? Specifically service history!
Many thanks in advance.

Registered
Just do a standard maintence like previously posted. Go through all the fluids, check all the normal wear and tear items like chain, sprockets, brake pads, and replace if necessary. Then you are good to go and you can use that as your base line for any future maintence history. If the bike is running well and only 7661 miles, then it should be in great shape.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I was worried about everyone asking for the service history! I have already had a full service, replaced tyres, new battery, plugs, oil & air filters, Brembo brake pads, new DID X ring gold drive chain & new sprockets so good to go!
Just before I go, this is a type 515nv, the Triumph dealer says its a 1050s? Is this correct?
The last thing I wanted to do was to clean out the fuel drain plug as it does look dirty, I have searched here and the hose configuration is different? Mine has a front facing position hose and a rear facing hose both next to each other, any ideas which one is which please?

Registered
Thanks, I was worried about everyone asking for the service history! I have already had a full service, replaced tyres, new battery, plugs, oil & air filters, Brembo brake pads, new DID X ring gold drive chain & new sprockets so good to go!
Just before I go, this is a type 515nv, the Triumph dealer says its a 1050s? Is this correct?
The last thing I wanted to do was to clean out the fuel drain plug as it does look dirty, I have searched here and the hose configuration is different? Mine has a front facing position hose and a rear facing hose both next to each other, any ideas which one is which please?
Good call on the tires, old tires can get very hard and slippery. Doubt you needed a chain and sprockets at that mileage, they don't go bad with age but can't hurt to replace them.

Pictures would help with identification.

Registered
What Doc said. Photos of your fuel hose setup and under the fuel tank would be helpful.

If it's a 2010 and has had bug eye headlight conversion, it sounds like 2011 model but 2010 build (MY11). If so then it does have been several differences to our 1st Gen 1050s, possibly including the fuel hose setup.

Registered
Don't be too impressed with a dealer service history 鈽. My experience over 40 years riding convinces me that the stock requirement for a dealer service history is utter b o l l o c k s. It's just another way of squeezing money from us.

The golden rule with bikes and cars is this - Condition is King". If it looks like its been looked after well, on balance it will be a good outcome.

I have seen cars and bikes utterly destroyed in less than one year by owners who treat their steed as a tool. These morons have more money than sense.

I do ALL my services myself and in my opinion my bikes get the best treatment possible. I used copper grease on all bolts too which is often proof of exceptional care.

A dealer service history counts for next to nothing in my book.

Don't be force fed this lie....

Your bike sounds like its a real gem. No one has messed around with it and it sounds the perfect buy.

As others have stated here, just refill the fluids and then ride the thing. Look after it and it will look after you

Registered
I could back up my reply with many instances of TARDY dealer services in the past 40 years including many examples where the dealer has caused serious damage then attempted to hide it with blatent lies !

I've caught sooooo many dealers out and now prefer to do the work myself. I fill in the service book with my own signature.

I keep ALL my receipts too which is a great idea to prove things have been done properly. In my book this paperwork is worth far more than a dealer stamp (which takes them 1 second).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts