Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Just noticed this today. When I brake hard I feel a strange vibration on the handle bars. What might be causing this? Fouled brake disc or front suspension?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Usually people mention warped discs. More propable reason is that the discs have accumulated some brake pad material from sintered pads causing uneven friction. You can sand the discs lightly and try again. Unless you seriously want some posh wave discs. :fingure:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take it to the shop on tuesday and let them figure it out. It should be under warranty, right? If it happens that the discs need to be changed I'll definitely upgrade :D

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, but I'll buy them myself and have the mechanics install them instead. And then sell the replacement discs from triumph. IF that would be to happen.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The vibration could be several things.
1) - pad material on disks(s). Surfacing the rotor in a lathe or grinder should fix.
2) - non-floating disk - not centering in caliper(s). Disassembling, cleaning, and lubing parts should fix.
3) - Disk warped - unlikely, but possible. Surfacing may fix, but rotor may need to be replaced is it is really bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts