Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is this? if I start up my cold engine I have no problems getting the front tire up, but it seems when the engine is warmed up, it doesn't want to lift it up at all. I don't really notice a lack of performance while going through twisties though. I friggen hate this shit, i just wanna ride a well sorted machine!!

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
what do you mean? Are you talk'n about a power wheelie in 1st, or clutch'n it up? If it involves the clutch, you could possibly need to replace the clutch plates. Clutches tend to show their wear more once warmed up! :-\

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plugs are brand new, just replaced em all after one of the tips broke off. When the engine comes to normal operating temp(less than half way up the guage, usually about quarter of the way up, not hot, just warmed up).
Yeah, i'm talking about power wheelie in 1st. and there is no clutchin it up, I havn't tried it a whole bunch, but when I have it still doesn't lift at all. but it also doesn't seem to slip either. The only experience with a worn clutch is the one in my subaru, I ran that puppy to the end. Are clutch symptoms similar between cars/motorcycles?

Are there any aftermarket clutches that are better than stock(and by better I mean the same $, better performance cause I'm a cheap bastard as well!)

-Thanks

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The plugs are brand new, just replaced em all after one of the tips broke off?????
Do a compression test. Plug tips are capable of damaging the valves, either as a result of detention or getting in the way whilst it's dancing around in the chamber leaving it's mark literally!!!! Either way it doesn’t sound good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, I did have my mechanic do a compression test, he said that cylinder had the highest, go figure. it was just the "electrode?" part, the part the spark hits that broke.

And would a compression check that came out good mean the valves were properly adjusted?

damn i'm such an engine noob.

G

·
The electrode can easily score the cylinder walls or damage the valve seat (even bending a valve stem).

The good compression test just means that nothing is leaking.

A slipping clutch on a car and bike act similarly, ususally a bit more noticeable on a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts