• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheapest I can find.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think Arco is owned by bp. I personaly like chevron bp and shell. I tend to use chevron the most though.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Well, I mostly buy from the Crown station on the corner because it is almost always the cheapest around and it is the closest. But I if I am away from home and know I will be paying more then I look for Chevron, Sunoco & Amoco in that order. I don't think there is that much difference in quality these days but it is a good idea to mix it up a bit because the different additive packages all tend to leave deposits in different places in your engine. I do stay away form the totally independent no name places just because.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The worst kind of gas is G.A.S.(Gear Aquisition Syndrome)
It creeps up on ya` and next thing you know,you`re purchasing motorcycles,leathers,boots,helmets,bass guitars,amps,guns....the list goes on.It will make you go broke!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Chevron and Shell are "Top Tier" gasolines, at least that what I was told on Acurazine.com, an Acura site. There might be more but there are plenty of Chevron and Shell stations around here so I don't look any further.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I like AMOCO fuels (available at some BP stations), or Shell.
Both are easy to find locally.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
thegoat said:
It creeps up on ya` and next thing you know,you`re purchasing motorcycles,leathers,boots,helmets,bass guitars,amps,guns....the list goes on.It will make you go broke!
My friends would disagree. We know without a doubt the worst kind of gas comes from my friend Steve. He is the only man I know that cleared out (as in class dismissed for lunch) a 100'x300' airplane hangar! :eek: He is quite possibly the most foul thing on the planet!

·
Premium Member
71,086 Posts
dfib said:
thegoat said:
My friends would disagree. We know without a doubt the worst kind of gas comes from my friend Steve. He is the only man I know that cleared out (as in class dismissed for lunch) a 100'x300' airplane hangar! :eek: He is quite possibly the most foul thing on the planet!
see, I have a buddy who does the REGULARLY in cars on long trips.... but to be able to clean out a hanger....... THATS IMPRESSIVE!

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I tell you when going to school with a room full of HOT women who are getting naked for you, well having gas just isn't an option. There's a couple of times I thought I was going to explode!

Oh, wait. Gasoline. I get it.

Around these parts Arco is generally the cheapest option, but after an incident about 8 years ago I have boycotted that brand. I used to use them exclusively because they were cheap. Then one day I pulled apart my carburetors and found them full of sand and gravel!. I'm pretty anal about keeping crud out of my tank, so there's only one way it got in those float bowls: the Arco pumps.

Now days I usually use Union 76 because it's priced in the middle and convenient to where I work, where I live, and were I do a lot of riding. I like Chevron too, and occasionally Shell. All the BP's have disappeared around these parts.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Catahoulabulldog said:
dfib said:
thegoat said:
see, I have a buddy who does the REGULARLY in cars on long trips.... but to be able to clean out a hanger....... THATS IMPRESSIVE!
Same kind of buddy! I remember a road trip I took with him one February that we had the windows rolled down for close to 15 minutes trying to clear the truck. Friends like him suck!

On the funnier side, at one time his fiance lived three hours away and we liked to feed him chili or something of the sort before she came to see him. I am amazed she let us be in the wedding!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Since we have wandered OT,

I spent 10 years playing RAMBO in the U.S. Army. My first tour was with 3d Ranger Bn.

We were deployed for some arctic training the night after I had a big meal of Korean food, including several variations of Kimche - very spicy, aged, pickeled cabbage. On the C130 flight out, I was informed that something had crawled up, and immediately died in my colon.

We arrived for training durring a blizard and spent the first night in a small hut in platoon size groups. My platoon was now convinced that I had died, and was outgassing from rotting tissue. They recommended a mortician and Graves Registration be contacted immediately. Several had offered body bags, and I think they already had a collection going around for a burial plot. ANYTHING to get me out of the hut.

I got up to take a leak in the middle of the night. When I got back to the hut, my gear was stacked neatly outside in the heavy snow, and the hut's doors were locked. The guard inside looked through the window at me in the blowing snow, gave me a quick smile and waved. He then pointed his M4 carbine my direction and motioned that I go elsewhere - rather emphaticly.

I spent the night in a small snow cave that I dug with my E-tool and snowshoes. The close confines in the cave and artic sleeping bag convinced me that the Korean food was not a good idea, and that lighting a small survival candle for heat might be a dangerous idea. At one point, I woke myself up and bailed out of the sleeping bag despite the cold weather.

I still like Korean food, but I eat it only when I know the wife is out of town.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
......for all those that have wondered O.T.......you will be reported. Please keep it On topic next time.........Thank you, MGT..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :twofinger:

·
Registered
893 Posts
We have Holiday stations around here, and that's where I buy a lot of mine. It's usually a bit cheaper and they still have 92 instead of 91 octane which my zx10 preferred. I see speedys are happy with 89 though, yet another reason to be happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
APtech77 said:
......for all those that have wondered O.T.......you will be reported. Please keep it On topic next time.........Thank you, MGT..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :twofinger:
Haha, you're not the boss of me!!!!
;D

OT again!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How the hell does this post have over 70 views and only 17ish votes. Are you wussies afraid to click the little round circle? Join in on the poll.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts