Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is not about Speedy but, I have finally tracked down my Weisco 466cc piston kit for my cafe'd Honda 400F. The guy that had these piston my for him by Weisco told me to run the bike on Schaeffer's Micron Moly 40W. I figured a good synthetic after break in, but he informed my that synthetic oil on old air cooled engines was not the best idea. REALLY ????? He said that this Schaeffer's Micron Moly actually wickes towards heat better on these old engines. QUESTION! I have been on the net a bit, but does anyone know where this stuff can be found? If this is that good, I would like to get a bunch of it for the old/new 400F. Anyone used this stuff? What do you think of it? THX, AP

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I use Schaeffers and it's the shit!

Last time I sent the oil in for eval they told me I could move to 6k change intervals. (Not a chance in hell!)

In speedy it improved shifting 1000%, it's like night and day!

I buy it from an auto store about 30 miles away and haven't seen straight 40W. Google will give you Schaeffer's site and they have a dealer locater on it.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it was 15W40....sorry typo. At the store....really. So you are running it in Speedy? I thought I would stick with the Mobil MX4T. Now you got me thinking.......Here we go with another oil thread..... :horse: I need to find their site. D, when you/in laws comming to IL again....LOL :smiley-asskiss: JJ, I will find it somewhere around here I hope. Thanks, :wave:

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Well if you can't find it let me know and I'll have a case waiting when ya swing through! :drink:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found it and it is not working for me either..... :( :-\

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I run the Supreme 7000 Synthetic and have been uber happy. Ran it in the HD last year too, with no complaints.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts