Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..ad waiting for lots of fun upgrades, does anyone have any comments on things to do to a 130 mile bike while I wait? (I already have plans for SAI removal and additions of sliders and other accesories...)

Also, how worried should I be about a bike with it's header removed? Should I try to plug the exhaust ports? (it is in a covered garage, but definitely exposed to moisture....)

C_Dub

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Change that... NASTY ASS COOLANT and get rid of all the casting sand in the head. I switched over to Engine Ice at 400 miles and you would not believe how nasty the factory coolant is after just a few hundred miles. At least mine was nasty, ask others.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, I just changed my coolant, and that factory stuff looks like muddy water. Now using 25% antifreeze, 4 oz water wetter, and 75% distilled water.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Always plug your exhaust ports with some rags or tape or something. Cheap insurance.

+1 on the coolant, since you have time.

I changed from the factory coolant to Engine Ice at 10,000 miles. My factory coolant still looked factory (Not muddy), but I had to disassemble the radiator and lines due to the "incident". Didn't see the point in refilling it with normal anti-freeze.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ad waiting for lots of fun upgrades, does anyone have any comments on things to do to a 130 mile bike while I wait?
You know, I asked myself that exact same question a couple of months ago when I tore mine down...my advice would just be not to get too carried away ;D

yea right.... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts