·
Registered
9,536 Posts
:wtf:

I wonder what Mandy motorboat is up to these days.. :popcorn:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just seeing this topic makes me frustrated..

That area is some of my favorite riding, and I'm in the area a half dozen times a summer or more.. I got 12" of snow on Sunday and 2 more inches today.. The mild winter spoiled me, too.. I rode 40 miles on Christmas Day, getting fresh gas/seafoam through the carbs and injectors on my bikes..

Now I have a bike to pick up over in Iowa and the roads are covered in salt. I'll end up needing to rent an enclosed trailer, and even when I do get it home I won't be able to ride it..

I'm looking forward to doing the Rockton to Rockton to Rockton tour, with a mix of Wildcat Mountain roads mixed in..

·
Registered
99 Posts
You sir, missed out on a drunken good time.
Sounds like it..

I'll toss this out there.. If you guys are lovers of good beer I STRONGLY suggest the WI Moto Guzzi Rally the first weekend in August.. Nice campground, tons of excellent roads, and the Guzzi guys include all the beer you'd like, all weekend long.. The tapper has Miller Lite, Leinnies, and then the other 5 tappers are rotated with different micro brews all weekend long.. You're fed Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning.. All for $35 if you pre-register..
I can't afford not to go.. Even if I just enjoy a few micro brews and the meals, it's dirt cheap!!

Wisconsin Moto Guzzi Riders

And NO, they don't give two shits about what you ride.. There's usually 250 folks and 1/3 are on Guzzi, 1/3 on BMW, and 1/3 on every thing else. Just something to consider..

And YES, I've already sent my pre-registration in for this year's rally. :) (The IL Guzzi Rally in May includes beer, too..)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sounds like fun but a 7 hour ride, this year it's a bit much. Have a lot of stuff on the table.
Would like to put it in the schedule for next year.

Don't know how many others are not familiar with the area or accommodation's, (whats the regular price and what do you get) normal eating expenses or should I say where do you eat not to mention drinking? Hauling food, booze and camp.

If you have a link to another thread that covers all the bases for us not in the know OR if you don't mind recap.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Even though it was a homosexual laden drunken mess, it still was probably the most "speed triplely" rally that this site has ever seen.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I wish they still sold that tail bag you had, Matthew.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
I can smell those brown shoes still.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Hambone looks slimmer than I remember

441 - 459 of 459 Posts