Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
Bought a ZARD exhaust second hand and I'm currently putting it on my bike. What I notice is that it sticks out quite a bit more than I see on other Speed Triple's.. almost 10cm longer.
Do others cut off their exhaust or what is different here?

See pictures attached, the bike standing inside is mine. The others are screenshots from internet.
Picture with the red bike is where it came from, he says its also a 2005 but with updated wheel. you see it fits almost the same. How can I get it to fit like on the other bikes?

Also: I just saw a Arrow full system for a 2011 pop online on a market place and am tempted to get that one, but I don't think a 2011 full exhaust will fit on a 2005 now will it..?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a Zard on my 955 Speed Triple. My set-up uses a set of T595 (955i Daytona) header pipes, (multi section header pipes all held with springs) with the central section (3 into 1 collector piece) cut down to get the bracket to line up correctly. Unfortunately, this method won't work on your 1050 as I'm sure T595 headers will not fit your motor.

I presume the headers on the 1050 are a single unit and don't come in pieces like the early systems? I did this conversion a long time ago, but I seem to remember the original Speed Triple headers on my bike were a single unit, that;s why I switched to using the T595, multi section exhaust...made life a lot easier!

So, if you want yours to be shorter, it would look like cutting is required...not an easy job on your system I'm afraid.

Good luck getting it sorted :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts