Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of fitting a Zard end can and wondered how the O2 sensor could be fitted, also would my Triumph dealer have a suitable tune to download and would the same tune work with the baffle in and out

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
1st off, the Zard sounds awful with the baffle in. I don't know why, but it makes a nasty whistlin sound. :horse: The O2 sensor works fine, it is just a bit more hidden than before. It kind of tucks up under the swingarm a bit. You can get either the TORs tune or the Arrow tune from your dealer. I would personally go with the Arrow tune if I had to stick with a factory tune.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Quit fucking jumping around on the sofa while you're using the computer Cheap!

He's 100% right though....

I'd try the arrow tune if you go with the Zard and use a Triumph tune.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The arrow system uses a full header, so I wonder if the arrow tune would be right for the zard slip on and a factory header. I think the header makes enough difference that the tune could be wrong for the zard. What does the mighty Devi think?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
jimmydean said:
can you get the Arrow tune for TuneBoy?

You got an arrow on yer S3? How do you like it?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The problem is that the low mount silencers want less fuel than the TORS tune offers at low rpm.

The Arrow tune is much better developed by Triumph than the TORS tune. It has a lot more ignition advance, and the fuel is reduced at low rpm. It also has the prime pulse reduced for better starting - I wonder where Triumph learned THAT? :violent1:

The Arrow header had a baffle in it! It is not as restrictive at the stock header, but it is NOT as free flowing as a modified one either. As a result, the Arrow tune is much closer than the TORS tune if you are stuck using Triumph tunes. A modified Arrow tune is what I will use as a base for the upcoming Zard tuning next week.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I am suprised to find out that the arrow has a baffle in the header! Good info Dev. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The Arrow header has a baffle, that is about 4-5 inches long, mounted to the walls of the collector tube. It is less restrictive than the stock precat/baffle, but still a restriction. And more so than the modified versions of the stock header. It is about 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch thick, and reduces the collector inside diameter.

It looked hard to remove, but possible.

SOME of the Zard headers have a similar baffle as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Would you go for the Arrow tune with twin Micron cans, Just wondering because I've got the bike booked in for the TOR tomorrow. :horse:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
No, the Arrow tune is not what you need for the dual (high mount) silencers. Stick with the TORS.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I currently have a modified arrow tune with modified stock header and dual cans. Runs great. But that's me. Right now I feel that I will use the arrow tune as a starting point instead of the TORS based tunes. The midrange of the arrow tune is lean at full throttle as delivered.

Experimenting and tuning is fun and sometimes even rewarding but if you are not sure about what you are doing, stick with the proven ones.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Arrows tune works fine with my full Zard system.......Devi has also a 'massaged' the Arrows tune which is what I am using in my bike now. It might be available in the downloads section, if not Devi or myself could supply if you pm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts